On April 4 2017, Dr. Phys. Marius-Ioan Piso, President of the Romanian Space Agency (ROSA), was invited at the Space Agency Leaders Panel, organised during the 33rd Space Symposium — one of the most renowned global events in the space sector. The panel approached the most urgent global space issues, presented from the view point of 15 of the world’s most important space agencies leaders.
Speakers at the panel were:
- Roberto Battiston, President, Italian Space Agency (ASI);
- Pascale Ehrenfreund, Chair of the Executive Board, German Aerospace Center (DLR);
- Yasuyuki Ito, Associate Director General, Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency;
- Insun Kim, Vice President, Korean Aerospace Research Institute (KARI);
- Igor Komarov, Director General, ROSCOSMOS State Space Corporation;
- Sylvain Laporte, President, Canadian Space Agency;
- Jean Yves LeGall, President, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES);
- Robert M. Lightfoot, Jr., Acting Administrator, NASA;
- Francisco Javier Mendieta Jiménez, General Director, Mexican Space Agency;
- Ger Nieuwpoort, Director, Netherlands Space Office (NSO);
- Anh Tuan Pham, Director General, Vietnam National Satellite Center;
- Marius-Ioan Piso, President and Chief Executive Officer, Romanian Space Agency (ROSA);
- Yuriy Radchenko, Chairman, State Space Agency of Ukraine (SSAU);
- Yulong Tian, Secretary General, China National Space Administration (CNSA);
- Johann-Dietrich Wörner, Director General, European Space Agency (ESA).
The 33rd Space Symposium took place between 3 – 6 April 2017, in Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America. The event was the most dynamic coming-together in its 33-year history, with participation by thousands of government, military and industry decision makers from spacefaring nations around the world.
More details on the event are available on the Symposium’s official website.
Image credit: Space Foundation